Masterclass Water and Finance: Financing International Water Projects
On 17 and 18 January 2018, the Netherland Water Partnership (NWP) organizes for the second time the two-day masterclass Water & Finance with the support of the Partners for Water program. The masterclass focuses on how to get funding for international water projects. The masterclass will be lectured by Gerbrand van Bork (Ecorys), Jarit van der Visch (Royal HaskoningDHV) and Hessel Schuurman (NWP), which are experienced designers of business cases, financial models and project proposals for water projects. In addition, the course will contain short cases and presentations from external experts and fund managers.
The following topics will be discussed during the master class:
- Recent trends and concepts in Water & Finance. How can public-private partnerships and climate aspects be implemented in water projects?
- Insight into the various financing options and (Dutch) subsidy instruments such as the Sustainable Water Fund. What are the requirements of project financiers such as banks, fund managers, and investors?
- Methods and tools for the preparation of business cases, revenue models and financial modeling. How does one set up a business case and financial model with sufficient revenues to cover the expenditures and financing costs?
- Practice and share experiences with water business cases within water themes, i.e. drinking water & sanitation, water safety, and water management.
- Reflection and feedback on your own projects and cases by the trainers and a panel of experienced experts and fund managers.
The masterclass will take place when there are least 12 participants. Location: New Babylon Hotel, located next to The Hague Central Station. In this document, you will find more information about the masterclass.
If you want to participate in this master class, you can register here until Friday 15 December 2017. The costs are € 500, - excl. VAT. Organizations with more than 1 application receive a 20% discount.